Историја

1948

Први вал Српске ратне емиграције стиже у Бризбан.

 

1952

Прво окупљање Срба у Бризбану као Југославенски Клуб.

 

1953

25ог Септембра 1953 одржата је оснивачка Скупштина ЦШО у црквеној сали Англиканске Цркве Свети Лука у Brisbane City. Важну улогу су одиграли о. Будимир Ђукић и Душан Вујадиновић, предратни судија у Југославији.

 

1955

ЦШО је регистрована 8 Децембра 1955 као Српска Православна ЦШО Свети Никола Queensland. Као ретко која друга организација добивени су “Letters Patent” од краљице, Јелисавете II, из руке Гувернера Queensland-a, His Excellency Sir John Dudley Lavarack.

Председник је био Милијан Бранковић.

 

1956

12 Новембра 1956 купљен је плац у Bayliss St, Toowong са намером да се озида сала. Салу су саградили добровољно чланови под вођством Боре Вукотића.

 

1959

3 Маја 1959 сала је освећена и званично отворена. Освећење је извршијо о. Будимир Ђукић. Сала је служила за богослужење, забаве, школу, фолклоре, драме итд.

 

1960

Краљ Петар II посетио је Србе у Вризбану.

 

1963

Црквени раскол у Српској Православној Цркви у диаспори.

 

1964

Раскол утиче на ЦШО у Бризбану стварајући подјелу у оданости парохијана. О. Будимиру Ђукићу  забрањено је да служи у Toowong сали.

 

Чланoви који остају верни о. Будимиру Ђукићу и цркви у Србији настављају Богослужење 29 марта 1964  у Англиканској сали “Trinity Hall” Valley.

 

Властништво црквене имовине је  у спору и почиње дуги период судске расправе.

 

Слични проблеми се налазе у многим парохијама широм Аустралије.

 

1966

Црквена богослужења одржавају се у Руској сали “Lotus Hall”.

 

8 Маја 1966 формира се прва пуна управа после раскола – председник је Јово Алексијевић, секретар Милош Илић и благајник Стево Илић.

 

1968

30 Јануара 1968, о. Будимир Ћукић изненадно је преминуо.

 

Све црквене потребе су вршене у руској цркви Св Серафим Hawthorn St, Woolloongabba код о. Григорија.

 

1969

Владика Лаврентије посетио је општину у Бризбану.

 

1972

О. Душан Куриџа стиже из Новог Зеланда и одржава прву службу 13 Маја 1972. Службе су вршене у руској и грчкој сали и напуштеној Методистичкој цркви у Ross St, Woolloongabba.

 

1973

Са судским процесом око црквене имовине у безизланом положају, Владика Стефан који је дошао да испита могућност стварања Епархије за Аустралију, саветује заједници да купе другу имовину.

 

Стара Методистичка црква у Ross St. купљена је 26 Августа 1973 за $26,500. На погодби били су председник Милош Илић, благајник Ђуро Црномарковић и члан управе Душан Илић који су дали реч да ће да исплате ако црква неможе да исплати. Тутори за куповину су о. Душан Куриџа, Ђуро Црномарковић и Милош Илић.

 

1974

 

Реновиранње је почело 1974 и трајало више година. Улаз је преправљен, унутрашњост прилагођено Православном духу и нови циглати олтар је озидат. Све је рађено на добровољној бази под вођством наших мајстора Ђорђа  Личине и Ђуре Црномарковића.

 

1975

Кућа у 8 Ross St је купљена.

 

1978

Реновирање наставља се, завршен је иконастас који је ручни рад Милоша Попадића.

 

У Децембру  прото Светозар Ћирић замењује о. Душана Куриџу.

 

1980

Иконе за иконостас набављене су из манастира Жиче у Србији. Коштају $6,000.

 

Нова црквена сала и свештенички стан су сазидани позади цркве.

 

1981

Реновирана црква је освећена 27 Децембра 1981. Освећење је обавио Владика Василије.

 

На ванредној Скупштини одржаној 23 Августа 1981, титорство за црквено имање  прелази на проту Светозара Ћирића, Перицу Бобића и Милоша Илића.

 

1982

О. Никола Билић служи са протом Светозаром Ћирићом.

 

1983

1 Новембра 1983 прота Светозар Ћирић повлачи се са службе.

 

1985

Судски процес почет поводом поделе 1964 је решен вaн суда.

Договор даје ЦШО властништво на пола сале у Toowong, оригинална “Letters Patent” регистрација и црквену архиву пре 1964.

 

ЦШО одкупљује другу половину сале, постајући са тиме пуни власник тог имања. Сала је оправљена и реновирана.

 

1987

Имање у Ross St је прењето са тутора на “Body Corporate” и регистовано 16 Фебруара 1987.

 

1990

Купљено је имање у Loganholme, 35км јужно од Бризбана.

 

О. Душан Стефанов преузима од о. Николе Билића.

 

1992

Раскол у Српској Цркви у диаспори је решен. Данас постоје 3 црквене парохије у Бризбану које потичу из ЦШО пре 1964.

 

О. Драгољуб Пантелић преузима од о. Душана Стефанова.

 

Црквена сала у Toowong је продана.

 

1993

За добивени новац од продате Toowong сале купљене су 2 куће у Lockhart St, Woolloongabba које граниче са црквом у Ross St. Купљено је 120 квадратних метара земље од 10 Ross St са намером да буде пространије за будућу нову цркву.

 

1994

На Скупштини 27 новембра 1994 решено је да се имање у Loganholme испарцелише и прода са намером да зарађене паре буду уложене у зидању новог храма.

 

1995

Велики број Срба, избеглица рата у Југославији, стиже у Аустралију.

Створена и регистована код федералне владе група која ће помагати избеглице поводом смештаја итд. Координатор групе је Душанка Илић.

 

1996

О. Јован Цветић преузима од о. Драгољуба Пантелића.

 

2000

На ванредној Скупштини одржаној 26 Августа 2000 решено је да се почне са градњом новог храма. Председник је Миле Мирковић.

 

2001

Привремене планове за цркву у Српском-Византиском стилу урадила је архитекта Љубица Бошњак из Београда, Србија у јуну 2001.

 

2002

Дина Бојић је радила на томе да се добије дозвола од градске општине за зидање нове цркве. Условно одобрење је добито у јулу 2002. На основу тога одобрења Љубица Бошњак је уцртала планове за цркву по нашем избору.

 

2003

Кућа у 8 Ross St је срушена и градња почиње. Овдашњи мајстор је Бошко Гојковић.

 

2004

Милан Спасеновић, стручњак и мајстор у грађевини цркава доведен је из Србије да ради на цркви.

 

Земљиште је осветио Владика Милутин 17 марта 2004; О. Јован и свештеници су осветили темељ 20 јуна 2004.

 

До децембра 2004 зидови су урађени и почет рад на крову.

 

Да би се убрзао поса Милан предлаже да Црква доведе његовог радника Жељка Секулића што је и урађено.

 

2005

 

У фебруару 2005, Милан и Жељко стижу да би наставили рад на цркви. До краја године куполе и кров су урађени.

 

Спољашње малтерисање урадио је Милан Проданов и синови.

 

Два крста, рад Душана Лалића, осветио је Владика Милутин 11 децембра 2005; постављени су следећи дан на куполе.

 

2006

Унутрашње малтерисање урадио Милан Проданов и синови.

 

Покривање купола и крова са бакром још се ради. Овај стручни посао oбавља Душан Лалић са својом супругом Сањом.

 

2007

Радови споља и изнутра цркве су у току.

 

Кухиња у сали и купатила потпуно су реновирана.

 

14 априла 2007 нова црквена звона осветио је Владика Иринеј. Истог дана постављена су.

 

22 децембра 2007 прву службу у новој цркви служио је Владика Иринеј уз саслужење свештеника Бризбана.

 

2008

Струја укључена у новој цркви.

 

Плочице приложио и радове предводио Живан Златковић. За време радова служило се у старој цркви. На Видовдан 28 јуна 2008 богослужење вратило се у нову цркву за стално.

 

Постављени су бакрени олуци.

 

 


History

1948

The first wave of post-war Serbian immigrants arrives in Brisbane.

 

1952

The first gathering of Serbs in Brisbane is held under the banner of the “Yugoslav Club”.

 

1953

The inaugural assembly of the Church-School Community is held on the 25th September 1953 in the hall of “St Luke’s” Anglican Church in the city. The key players were Father Budimir Djukic and Dusan Vujadinovic, a pre-war Yugoslav judge.

 

1955

The Church-School Community was registered on the 8th December 1955 as the “Serbian Orthodox Ecclesiastical School Community of St Nikolas – Queensland”. The registration was done via Letters Patent, issued by the Governor of Queensland, Sir John Dudley Lavarack, on behalf of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The president was Milijan Brankovic.

 

1956

On the 12th November 1956, property was purchased at Bayliss St, Toowong for the purposes of building a hall. The hall was constructed through the efforts of community volunteers lead by Boro Vukotic.

 

1959

The hall was opened on the 3rd May 1959. The blessing was done by Father Budimir Djukic. The hall was used for church services, functions, schooling, folkloric dancing, plays etc.

 

1960

King Peter II of Yugoslavia visits the Serbs of Brisbane.

 

1963

Schism in the Serbian Orthodox Church abroad.

 

1964

The schism affects the Church-School Community in Brisbane causing a split in parishioner loyalties. Father Budimir Djukic was barred from serving in the Toowong hall.

 

Members who remain loyal to Father Budimir Djukic and the church in Serbia resume services on the 29th March 1964 in the Anglican “Trinity Hall” in the Valley.

 

Ownership of the church property is in dispute and a prolonged period of legal action begins.

 

Similar problems affect many parishes within Australia.

  

1966

Church services are held in the Russian “Lotus Hall”.

 

On the 8th May 1966, the first full committee since the schism is formed with Jovo Aleksijevic as president, Milos Ilic as secretary and Stevo Ilic as treasurer.

 

1968

On the 30th January 1968, Father Budimir unexpectedly passes away.

 

The spiritual needs of our parishioners were ministered to by Father Grigorije, parish priest of “St Seraphim” Russian Orthodox Church on Hawthorn St, Woolloongabba.

 

1969

Bishop Lavrentije visits Brisbane.

 

1972

Father Dusan Kuridza arrives from New Zealand and conducts his first service on the 13th May 1972. Services are held in the Russian and Greek halls and in the unused Methodist church in Ross St, Woolloongabba.

 

1973

With legal proceedings surrounding the church property at a deadlock, Bishop Stefan who was on fact finding mission regarding establishment of a Diocese for Australia, advises the community to purchase a separate property.  

 

The old Methodist church on Ross St is purchased on the 26th August 1973 for $26,500. Conditions of the sale were negotiated by the President Milos Ilic, Treasurer Djuro Crnomarkovic and committee member Dusan Ilic who also pledged to honour the agreement if the church community was unable to. The trustees for the purchase were Father Dusan Kuridza, Djuro Crnomarkovic and Milos Ilic.

 

1974

 

Renovations began in 1974 and continued for many years. The entry of the church was reconstructed; the interior was adapted to the Orthodox style and a new brick altar was constructed. The work was done by volunteers in the community under the guidance of master builders Djordje Licina and Djuro Crnomarkovic.

 

1975

The adjacent house at 8 Ross St is purchased.

 

1978

Renovations continue with the hand carved church iconostasis completed by Milos Popadic.

 

Father Svetozar Ciric replaces Father Dusan Kuridza in December.

 

1980

Icons for the iconostasis are ordered from the Zica Monastery in Serbia for $6,000.

 

A new church hall and priest’s residence are constructed to the rear of the church.

 

1981

The renovated church is consecrated on the 27th December 1981 by Bishop Vasilije.

 

Trusteeship of the church property passes to Father Svetozar Ciric, Perica Bobic and Milos Ilic at an Extraordinary General Meeting on the 23rd August 1981.

 

1982

Father Nikola Bilic serves with Father Svetozar Ciric.

 

1983

Father Svetozar Ciric retires from service on Nov 1st 1983.

 

1985

The legal action started as a result of the 1964 division is settled out of court. The settlement grants the Church-School community ownership of half the Toowong Hall, the original Letters Patent registration papers and the church archives up to 1964.

 

The Church-School community proceeds to purchase the other half of the hall, fully restoring its ownership of the property. The hall is renovated and restored.

 

1987

The property at Ross St is transferred from trustees to a body corporate registered on the 16th February 1987.

 

1990

Seven acres of land was purchased at Loganholme, 35km to the south of Brisbane.

 

Father Dusan Stefanov takes over from Father Nikola Bilic.

 

1992

The schism within the Serbian Orthodox Church abroad is healed. Today, there are three church parishes in Brisbane that trace their origins to the Church-School community pre-1964.

 

Father Dragoljub Pantelic takes over from Father Dusan Stefanov.

 

The church hall in Toowong is sold.

 

1993

From the proceeds of the Toowong hall sale, 2 houses on Lockhart St in Woolloongabba (adjacent to the rear of the Ross St properties) are purchased. 120m2 of land from 10 Ross St was also purchased with the intention of providing extra room for a new church.

 

1994

At the Annual General Meeting on 27 November 1994, It was decided to sub-divide and sell the land at Loganholme with the intention of the money being used to build the new church. The sale took place over several years.

 

1995

Large numbers of Serb refugees are arriving in Australia from the fighting in the former Yugoslavia. A federal government backed refugee support group is established to help refugees settle into the Australian community. The coordinator is Dusanka Ilic.

 

1996

Father Jovan Cvetic takes over from Father Dragoljub Pantelic.

 

2000

At an Extraordinary General Meeting on the 26th August 2000, it is decided to proceed with the construction of a new church. Mile Mirkovic is president.

 

2001

In June provisional sketches of a traditional Serbian-Byzantine style church were commissioned for submission to the Brisbane City Council for approval. The architect was Ljubica Bosnjak from Belgrade, Serbia.

 

2002

Conditional approval was granted in July 2002 for the new church with the help of committee member Dina Bojic.

 

On the strength of this approval, Ljubica Bosnjak was commissioned to draw up detailed church plans.

 

2003

The house at 8 Ross St is demolished and construction of the new church begins. The builder is Bosko Gojkovic.

 

2004

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Due to the specialized nature of the work, Milan Spasenovic, an expert in church construction, is sponsored to come from Serbia to work on the building of the church.

 

The site was blessed by Bishop Milutin on 17th March 2004, and the foundations on 20th June by Father Jovan Cvetic and other priests.

 

By December 2004 the walls of the church are completed and preparation for roof areas begun.

 

To speed up construction, the church also sponsors Zeljko Sekulic, from Serbia, to work on the church.

 

2005

In February, Milan Spasenovic and Zeljko Sekulic arrive to continue work on the church. By year’s end, the domes and roof are complete.

 

The exterior is rendered by Milan Prodanov, (Charlie and Sons).

 

Two crosses, made by Dusan Lalic, are blessed by Bishop Milutin on 11th December 2005 and set atop the domes the next day.

 

2006

The interior is rendered, again by Milan Prodanov (Charlie and Sons).

 

Covering the domes and roof in copper is completed. This specialized task was being done by Dusan Lalic assisted by his wife Sonja.

 

2007

Some progress was made on the exterior and interior fit out of the new church.

 

Church hall kitchen and bathrooms receive a major upgrade.

 

On the 14th April 2007, the new church’s bells are blessed by Bishop Irinej and installed the same day.

 

On the 22nd December 2007, the first ever service is conducted in the new church by Bishop Irinej and the assembled clergy of Brisbane.

 

2008

Electricity was connected to the new church.

 

Floor tiles and workmanship were donated by Zivan Zlatkovic. During the tiling, services were held in the old church. On Vidovdan June 28th 2008, services were relocated back to the new church on a permanent basis.

 

Copper guttering and down pipes were installed.

 

Fit out of the interior continues…